IDEAS FOR CELEBRATING FROZEN YOGURT DAY THIS WEEKEND
The genius who invented a low-fat option for ice cream should be praised, and there’s a national holiday for that: Feb. 6 is National Frozen Yogurt Day.
Here are some fun ways to celebrate this healthy, yummy, frozen treat.
- Make your own. Cuisinart has 46 percent off its frozen yogurt maker, coming in at just less than $60. It can make up to 1 ½ quarts of frozen yogurt in about 20 minutes. It comes with its own recipe book, and users can even make frozen drinks.
- If your partner craves sweets, these yummy frozen yogurt cuff links will surely hit the spot. And for that special lady, how about this adorable frozen yogurt ring or froyo charm?
- For that little sweetie in your life there’s a Barbie Malibu frozen yogurt shop. It dispenses life-like yogurt dough and has molds for making fruit toppings.
- Don’t forget the decorations. This frozen yogurt zone sign will have them running to enjoy the frozen treat you’ve prepared with your new Culinaire frozen yogurt dessert maker.
- Kids can even get involved with their own frozen yogurt maker complete with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles decorations.
Did you know that it is actually healthy to eat frozen yogurt? It can help lower cholesterol, boost immune systems, help digestive tracks and even help prevent infections. Because it is yogurt it naturally contains protein and vitamins.
1970 was when the first frozen yogurt was introduced, but it didn’t become popular until the early 1980s when TCBY opened and had all different kind of flavors.
So grab your bestie and head to your local Froyo shop to celebrate the holiday!
This article was written by Katie Simpson, contributor for The Daily Clutch.
We were not paid to write this story. The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.